Construction Project Coordinator
Position: Construction Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Experience: 3+ years of experience in a similar role
Location: Waterloo, ON
Schedule: 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday
Work Remotely: No
Construction Project Coordinator Position:
Stonerise Construction is a progressive developer/builder with a proven track record of success and a substantial future ahead! Current projects located in Southwestern Ontario include residential high-rise, mid-rise, and mixed-use developments. We are looking for a dedicated, motivated, and eager Construction Project Coordinator to join our team.
This is a position of stability and growth directly supporting the President’s daily development activities. This person must be a self-starter, effective, and smart with outstanding communicative skills coupled with an energetic ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Supporting Project Managers with the day-to-day management of construction projects
- Contributing to the purchasing/cost budgeting for projects
- Supporting the management of budgeting, process and timelines
- Liaising with suppliers, trades, subcontractors and acting as a control point on paperwork and processes
- Reviewing and understanding the subcontractor scopes of work and schedule
- Advising Project Managers on any quality or workmanship issues
- Reporting the progress of the project to superiors on a daily basis
- Ensuring that trades are working within the Occupational Health and Safety Act standards as well as company policies and procedures
- Supporting pre-job planning meetings and subcontractor proposal reviews, and contract administration
- Ensuring documentation is correct and organized for new jobs/projects
- Performing additional duties assigned by senior management or the Site Superintendent as required for successful project completion
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in architectural technology or relevant field required
- Entry Level and also candidates with 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Will be flexible and enjoy pivoting from task to task throughout the day
- A can-do attitude and an eagerness to learn
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal, especially over the phone
- Proficiency with various computer software programs including all Microsoft Suite applications, and Bluebeam
- Valid driver’s licence to be able to drive between sites as needed
What we offer:
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site free parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Remember: We build communities – not houses. You will gain such a sense of pride and accomplishment when you become part of our team!
Qualified candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and any other supporting documents in confidence to: email@example.com.
Stonerise Construction is committed to employment equity and diversity at all levels of the organization. Further, we welcome those applicants with disability-related needs and those in need of accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon being contacted. By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, or work permit.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.