Construction Project Manager
Position: Construction Project Manager
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Experience: Project Management: 1 year (preferred)
Reports to: General Manager
Location: This position will operate out of our office in Waterloo, ON, or on-site.
Schedule: 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday
Work Remotely: No
Construction Project Manager Position:
Stonerise Construction is a progressive developer/builder with a proven track record of success and a substantial future ahead! Current projects located in Southwestern Ontario include residential high-rise, mid-rise, and mixed-use developments. We are looking for a dedicated, motivated, and eager Construction Project Manager to join our team.
This is a position of stability and growth directly supporting the President’s daily development activities. This person must be a self-starter, effective, and smart with outstanding communicative skills coupled with an energetic ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Project Manager provides leadership in connection with project matters and strategy. You must be very familiar with the field operations emphasizing on high return activities.
You will work with a group of hard-working individuals dedicated to providing quality work. This position has a permanent interaction with the Senior Managers, Superintendents, and Coordinators.
The major objectives of the project team under the leadership of the Project Manager include project cost, schedule, safety, and the production effort needed to meet specific requirements and contractual obligations.
Responsibilities of the Construction Project Manager include:
- Knowing and understanding the project and contract requirements
- Evaluating and approving construction methods
- Overall project planning, development of the construction plan
- Chairing project start-up meetings
- Scheduling, task definition, and breakdown
- Project organization and staffing
- Equipment selection
- Budget/cost control system preparation, maintenance and forecasting
- Quality control planning and management
- Material procurement
- Issuing and administering subcontracts
- Safety planning, monitoring, and management
- Securing and maintaining all necessary insurance and permits
- Ensuring project correspondence and records are properly managed and maintained
- Working closely with accounting
- Chairing progress and sub-trade meetings
- Change management and control
- Ensuring the project is completed in compliance with the contract requirements
- Training of project staff
- Continued self-education and improvement
In addition, the Project Manager is the project team leader and must ensure team members know and understand their jobs. This may require some informal training to supplement the present knowledge and skills of the team members. He also has the responsibility to ensure the team members grow and develop during the period of their assignment to the work.
The successful candidate will be part of a vision that continuously raises the bar when it comes to quality, customer service, and workplace culture! We truly believe that we can make a positive impact in our homeowners’ lives and we back it up by building a quality product that goes above and beyond standard building practices.
What we offer:
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Remember: We build communities – not houses. You will gain such a sense of pride and accomplishment when you become part of our team!
Qualified candidates should send their resume, cover letter and any other supporting documents in confidence to: email@example.com
We are strongly committed to employment equity and we support diversity. If you require accommodation during the application process, please advise in your cover letter. By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, or work permit.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.